With just under 200 students, the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität opened its many doors in 1457, namely because it was initially located in several buildings in the city.
Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…
In middle of the 16th century, the “Albertina” got its first central administration building, in what is now the New Town Hall. With students during this era already living in “Bursen” (the German historic forerunner of student communal housing), in 1773 the "Old University" moved from its previous location, before moving into the new building upon its completion in 1911.
The Old University currently still houses a few research departments as well as the Uniseum, a museum and conference center devoted to the history of the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität.