The “Alte Schloss” (old castle of the Lords of Schönau), a building from the German Renaissance, is located on the “Rathausplatz” (town hall square) and houses Wehr’s town administration offices.
Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…
The “Alte Schloss” (old castle) is located at the southern end of the “Hauptstraße” (main street) and is a building of the German Renaissance with late gothic influences. It was built between 1570 and 1574 by Hans Jakob of Schönau and his son Hans Rudolf. It was used as a residence of thenoblefamily and later as an administrative buildingand mill. 1901 it came into the possession of the paper mill owner Lenz, who in 1971 sold it to the town of Wehr. From 1975 to 1977 the building was extensively redecorated and today houses the town hall and administration. The municipal gallery can be found on the top floor of the building. In the corridors of the “Alte Schloss” (old castle) the history of the Barons of Schönau is on display.
For questions regarding gallery exhibitions:
Hauptstraße 14, 79664 Wehr
Tel.: +49 7762 808-601