The castle ruin Kräheneck, formerly also called Creinegg, is a former fortification from the 13th century. It is located in the forest of the Pforzheim district of Dillweißenstein.
Official content of
The Kräheneck ruins were built around 1250 as a fortification on the slope of the Weißenstein castle hill. The complex consisted of approx. 10 meter high shield walls made of sandstone ashlars. In front of it there was a wide moat.
It is assumed that the Kräheneck was built as an outwork to protect the castle Rabeneck situated below.
Since there is no documentary evidence of its construction, it is estimated to have been built in the 13th or 14th century.
The name Kräheneck is a popular name from the 19th century and cannot be proven by medieval documents.
In 1928, an open-air stage was built in front of the shield wall for the "Kräheneck Castle Festival".
How to find us
How to get there
You can get to Dillweißenstein by car. The parking lot at the outdoor pool or the Park & Ride parking lot Weißenstein offer numerous parking options.
Take bus line 3 to the Weissenstein train station stop.
The train station Weißenstein is a stop for regional trains.