This chapel belongs to the Parish Church of John the Baptist in Saig.
Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…
The hexagonal Chapel of St. John is right next to the parish church. Built in 1410, it used to be a place of pilgrimage. Pilgrims came to the chapel on St. John’s Day to drink water from the healing spring. The well by the chapel is adorned with a Gothic statue of John the Baptist.
Before the fire in 1900, the chapel was octagonal and probably served as a baptistery. John is known as the patron saint of tailors, innkeepers, winemakers, carpenters, architects, chimney sweeps, dancers, musicians, and theatre owners. He is the protector of lambs, sheep, and domestic animals. He protects against alcoholism, headaches, dizziness, anxiety, and hoarseness.
With good weather, the chapel is open during the day.