Waldshut-Tiengen. Old Hospital church built in the 15th century.
Official content of
Its present appearance equals the chapel's condition in 1660. The southern wall Shows a replication of the Image "Isenheimer Altar", a painting by Mathias Grünewald. After the hospital's relocation, the chapel was used by the evangelical congregation until 1884 before it temporarily served as a storage room in the 20th century. In 1985, the chapel was restored by former guild-members of the bachelorhoof (Junggesellenschaft). The "Hospital of the Holy Ghost" was probably the oldest urban Hospital in the High Rhine Region. Endowed in 1411 and finished in 1422, it initially served as an almshouse which was supported by a municipal foundation. In 1859, the Hospital moved into the repealed Capuchin monastery. At its new Location, Vincentine sisters from Freiburg undertook the nursing care.