Kressbronn am Bodensee
The village of Betznau is located on the old trade route from Lindau via Tettnang, Ravensburg to Ulm. In the year 905 it is mentioned under the name Pacenhovan as Thingstätte, place of jurisdiction in Argenau, so it was a place of dominion. Around 1200 Betznau came under the rule of the Montfort Count family. After the sale of the County of Montfort, it fell to Austria in 1780. Betznau belonged to the parish of Gattnau. When Kressbronn became an independent parish in 1957, Betznau was assigned to Kressbronn. The chapel was built in 1600 by the learned Montfort Count Johann III. (1576 - 1619), strangely enough not in Betznau itself, but 200 m before the village directly on the road.