Bubenbach and its daughter church in Oberbränd have been part of the Eisenbach parish since 1983.
Official content of
The first ceremonial church service in Bubenbach in the Black Forest Highlands was held on 6 December 1789 in a beer-making barn, which had been converted into a makeshift church. The inauguration of the new Church of St. Joseph and its vicarage took place on 3 September 1805. Large-scale interior renovation took place in 1984, while the exterior was modernised in 1991/92.
Pastors from this parish served the communities of Bubenbach and Oberbränd and occasionally Hubertshofen, Mistelbrunn, and Unterbränd until 1974. The church seats 220 people. These days it serves around 290 Catholics.