The late Baroque parish church of St. Remigius was built by Johann Caspar Bagnato and is one of the most beautiful Baroque churches in southern Baden.
Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…
The late Baroque parish church of St. Remigius was built in the years 1738 - 1741 by the master builder of the Teutonic Order Johann Kaspar Bagnato.
It was decorated by Francesco Pozzi (stucco), Joseph Anton Feuchtmayer (altar and pulpit) and Franz Joseph Spiegler (ceiling frescoes and altar leaves). Above the main portal, in a niche, stands the larger-than-life sculpture of an "Immaculata" by Johann Christian Wentzinger, who had relatives in Merdingen. The church was selected by the Denkmalstiftung Baden-Württemberg as "Monument of the Month July 2006".
Opening hours: Open for free viewing during the day.Guided church tours by art historian.
Info, fee & booking by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 07668 / 951198.