Umkreis P. Egell: Hlg. Nepomuk,
Schloßstraße , 68723Schwetzingen
Until 1883, the sculpture of Saint John of Nepomuk stood on the Johannes Bridge on Oftersheimer Weg. Subsequently it was relocated to its present position, from 1968 in copy form, on the north-east corner of the palace area (the original is in the keeping of the museum). The saint is shown with his customary attributes and attire. The outstanding modelling, the inordinate love of detail, and the spiritual, calm and collective if not meditative approach to the figure allows the conclusion that a master craftsman produced it in the workshop run by court sculptor Paul Egell (from 1750).