First news about this Building date from 1476. However, it did not survive the 30 Years War 1618-1648 (Epfenbach was destroyed in 1622, the reconstruction started late). The current half-timbered house probably might have been built around 70 years after this war, as can be seen from the inscripted year 1718, which is in a front corner post next to other characters. Today the 4-storey house, which is located in the center of the town next to the town hall on Kreisental 4, is owned by the municipality and is a listed building. The museum's collection has been located here since 1989. On four floors, various objects from the site and the immediate vicinity are put together to form an impressive collection. From the opening in 1967 to 2001, around 20,000 visitors from town, the surrounding area and from abroad have visited this exhibition, which continues to enjoy great popularity. In 1990 the museum was awarded the “Exemplary Local Museum” plaque on the occasion of the “Baden-Württemberg Home Day”.The local history museum is usually open every first Sunday of the month. You can inquire about the exact opening times by telephone on +49 07263 40890.