Three signposted, circular, hiking trails lead past this idyllically located mill in the district of Unadingen.
Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…
The oldest known document referring to the Eulenmühle (Owl Mill) is a letter of endowment which was drafted in 1540 and is now in the Lord of Fürstenberg archives. The Fürstenberg lords owned the mill. Letters of endowment bound the millers that ran it to the House of Fürstenberg. The letters of endowment included a law of succession for the miller families, meaning that individual families often ran the mill for many generations. This included the Straub family, who took over the Eulenmühle in 1726. In the middle of the 17th century, the reigning Lord of Fürstenberg ordered that the grain from the village of Unadingen only be ground in the Eulenmühle.
In 1867, the miller Marx Straub bought the mill from the Fürstenberg family, making it his own private property. The Straub family remained closely affiliated with the Eulenmühle until it was shut down and sold in 1973. In the 20th century, it was the female Straub lineage that maintained ties to the mill.
In the second half of the 20th century, the miller was forced to give up his trade due to health reasons. In 1973, he sold the grinder and the mill building to two separate parties. The mill has since been used as a private residence.