Evangelische Christuskirche ,
The evangelical Church of Christ in St. Blasien is a true Black Forest work of art.
Official content of
The Christchurch was built as a wooden Black Forest church based on plans by the famous evangelical church builder, Professor Dr. Otto Bartning. Bartning had the idea of building a church that closely resembled a Black Forest farmhouse. The Christchurch, consecrated in 1936, completely burned down in November 1989. However, it was immediately rebuilt according to Bartning’s plans and could be re-consecrated in 1991.