The baroque fountain was cut in 1739 at the expense of the municipality by a stonemason who was originally commissioned to do the stonework for the church building.
Official content of
It got its name from the well stick decorated with masks of spring spirits and two water-spouting pipes. Initially, the fountain head probably had an attached sphere on its top, but in 1756 this had to give way to the small statue of St. Wendelinus by the sculptor Johann Baptist Sellinger.
The stone slabs, about two meters long, were procured by Andreas Natter, a native of Vorarlberg. They were assembled into an octagonal fountain basin and decorated with simple baroque ornaments.