Friedenweiler Castle, which houses the “Pro Seniore” residence, was founded as a Benedictine abbey in 1123.
Official content of
Today’s castle buildings are from the 18th century. From 1922 to 1983, the premises served as a care and support centre for children in need from all over Germany and overseas. In May 1989, the estate was completely refurbished and reopened as the Friedenweiler Pro Seniore Castle.
The imposing building has an impressive history. After secularisation, the former Cistercian convent was turned into a hunting lodge for the Fürstenberg family. The Fürstenberg brewery was also located on the former monastery grounds for some time.