Monastery with monastery church
Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…
Construction 1687 / 1689
Through the nuns “zum Heiligen Graben” in Baden-Baden, Margrave Leopold Wilhelm and his wife Maria Franziska had a monastery founded in 1670 whose role, amongst other things, was the education of girls. The monastery which was built in 1687 / 1689 was destroyed in the town fire in 1689, however, the monastery church survived. Its façade is influenced by neo-baroque changes which took place in 1895. The 18th century buildings enclose an inner courtyard, which holds a 16th-century Renaissance well. It makes up the last remains of a bathing inn once run at this place.
In 2001, the monastery was closed down. Since then, the buildings have solely been used as a school.