Menu
Altes Dampfbad
Historical building

Historical sight - Old Steam Bath

Marktplatz 13,  76530 Baden-Baden

Construction of the Old Steam Bath commenced in 1846.

Ihre Sicherheit liegt uns am Herzen

Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…

Built 1846 – 1848
Architect Heinrich Hübsch (1795 – 1863)

Construction of the Old Steam Bath commenced in 1846. It was built over a thermal spring in the style of a Tuscan country house. The Hall of Antiques, the first museum in Baden-Baden, stood on this spot before then. The new building contained cabinets for steam baths and an inhalation room. In 1864/65 a two-storey apse with large windows was added to the narrow side on the east and used as a solarium. The Old Steam Bath lost its original function with the opening of the Friedrichsbad in 1877.

The only reminder of its earlier use today is the original spring on the ground floor. The building is used as an exhibition centre, and is also home to the Friends of Young Art association.

Hours of operation