Town Hall as a Jesuit college
Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…
Construction 1698 – 1723
Built for Jesuit order
In the Middle Ages, Baden’s Margrave’s “Freihof” was located here. In 1627, Margrave William left the estate to the Jesuits. They had created a representative college building by 1679 which was destroyed only ten years later in the town fire. Reconstruction based on the old outline took until 1723. The alliance emblem Baden-Baden – Saxe-Lauenburg above the portal marks its symbolic completion.
After the Jesuit order was disbanded in 1773, the building was used as a school, then a conversation house and finally rented as flats. Since 1862, it has been serving as the town hall.