Menu
Fountain

Josefs-Brunnen / Fountain of Joseph

Hauptstraße ,  79761 Waldshut-Tiengen
Open 24 hours

Waldshut-Tiengen. The fountain of Joseph was first mentioned in the 17th century.

Official content of Waldshut-Tiengen

Ihre Sicherheit liegt uns am Herzen

Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…

In the 17th century, written sourced mentioned the fountain for the first time. It is also known as Upper Fountain ("Oberer Brunnen"). The probably oldest fountain figure dates from 1723 and was made of Wood. Twelve years later, it gave way to a Stone sculpture created by Joseph Dietsche, showing Saint Joseph with the Chilb Jesus. Similar to the fate of the sculpture of Saint Mary at the Lower Fountain, Dietsche's work was replaced by a reproduction by August Gremper in the 20th century.