Waldshut-Tiengen. The Calvary Chapel was built in 1715 on the hill named "Kalvarienberg".
Official content of
The Hermitage was donated by Priest Johann Theodor Straubhaar in 1715 who belonged to the prestigious patrician Family of Waldshut. As early 1650, Straubhaar erected a cross on a hill near the town (Aarberg) which should serve as a reminder of the Calvary (Golgotha). The interior of the building Shows altapieces by the court painter of Konstanz, Jakob Carl Stauder. The pilgrim path passes the stations of the cross. In 1775, Saint Benedict Joseph Labre visited the chapel. After the second world war, a pilgrimage of gratitude took place in remembrance of the prevented evacuation.