The St. Nicholas Chapel, which probably existed before St. Märgen was founded in 1118, is first mentioned on 2 August 1121 in a certificate from the state archives. It survived along with the monastic building, garden, and cemetery until the dissolution of the St. Märgen Abbey in 1807.
It was turned into a residence and burned down together with the monastery in 1913. In 1931, a new chapel was built in the monastery gardens, next to the two new buildings that were erected on the old foundations. On 22 August, the Sacrifice of the Mass was first celebrated here.