Waldshut-Tiengen. The "Liebfrauenkirche" is the catholic parish church in Waldshut.
Official content of
The classic style church was built between 1804 and 1808 by Sebastian Fritschi who integrated parts of the medieval choir. At the Location of the former parish church, initially named "Saint Leodegar" and later "Maria Himmelfahrt", the benediction of the new church took place on August 15, 1808. This coincided with the patrocinium. The traditional feast was connected with a Memorial day for the victims of the siege of 1468. This is where the big hometown Festival "Chilbi" originates from.