Menu
Historical building

Market Square Fountain

Bei den Thermen 4,  72574 Bad Urach
Open 24 hours

Late Gothic fountain with a column in five sections.

Tabernacle depicting St. Christopher. Built around 1500. Copy from 1904/05.

Ihre Sicherheit liegt uns am Herzen

Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…

Historians think that Eberhard gifted the fountain after his elevation to the rank of a ruling duke in 1495. It was designed by the master mason for the court, Peter of Koblenz, who probably also sculpted the figure of St. Christopher.

The water in the Market Fountain is drawn from the Eckis spring, a karst spring on the slopes of the Eichhalde heathland. The water flows under gravity from the spring to the fountain.