Motivbank: Franz Wilhelm Rabaliatti (1716 - 1782),
Schlossplatz , 68723Schwetzingen
The young electoral court architect Franz Wilhelm Rabaliatti came to Schwetzingen in 1748. He was responsible for the construction of the southern circle building and the tower of the Catholic church of St. Pankratius. Several town houses in the Neustadt, including his residence on today's Schlossplatz, were his work. The crowning of the Rabaliatti house with a golden star is a reminder of his birthplace, Gameragna di Stella (Liguria).