With the reorganization of the areas in 1806, the originally Electoral Palatinate city of Sinsheim was awarded to the Grand Duchy of Baden. First, the new government was exercised by the old town hall in the city. In 1840 a new building was necessary. The building was repeatedly expanded and rebuilt. In the recent past, the district office was located here and since 1972 until today it houses the town hall of the district town of Sinsheim.