Town house built in 1317 in Alemannic high post construction. As one of the oldest houses in southern Germany and the only German half-timbered building with radial beams, it is the focus of every city tour. It is also home to an exhibition on the history of Pfullendorf.
Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…
The Old House is one of the special sights of the town. It does not only impress because of its date 1317 - the oldest middle-class house in southern Germany - but also because of its ground plan, its peculiar construction and the hollow-tile covered massive crippled hipped roof. Furthermore, the Old House is the only preserved half-timbered house in Germany with radial beams.
The history of the imperial city from its beginnings to the end of the 19th century is explained on 14 thematic information panels. Various models, objects from the town's history and important documents bear witness to past times and illustrate the town's development.
Open from June - October on Saturdays from 14.00 - 17.00 o'clock.
Guided tours outside the opening hours can be requested by the Tourist Information Pfullendorf (Tel. 07552-251131).