Otto Schliessler: „Ursula“,
Hebelstraße 1, 68723Schwetzingen
This svelte young woman (commonly known as “Ursula”) was created in 1935 by Otto Schließler as a naiad, using the visual canon of National Socialism. It was part of a conceptual work for the Three Bridges in Schwetzingen’s Oststadt, which was created as an architectural proclamation of the “new era” and an arena for speeches and accolades. The nymph is holding above her head a dish from which a diaphanous curtain of water used to cascade as her “apparel”. Today the figure is located in the courtyard of the Town Hall.