Pfarkkirche St. Johannes der Täufer,
Open 24 hours
Church of St. John in the centre of Saig, the second largest district in Lenzkirch.
Official content of
Saig was a pilgrimage site until the end of the 18th century. The church with its sacristy and tower was built in 1412. St. John’s Chapel was built two years before and the Mount of Olives was built in 1768.
The tower and the choir survived the destruction wrought by the French in 1713.
St. John’s Chapel was destroyed by a major fire in 1900 and had to be rebuilt.