Menu
Town/city hall

Rathaus Waldshut / Town Hall in Waldshut

Kaiserstraße 28 - 32,  79761 Waldshut-Tiengen

Waldshut-Tiengen. Town hall in baroque-style with its characteristic portal and balcony.

Official content of Waldshut-Tiengen

Ihre Sicherheit liegt uns am Herzen

Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…

During the great fire in 1726, the old town hall was completely destroyed. It was not until 1766 that a new, Baroque-style town hall with its characteristic Portal and balcony was erected. Ferdinand Weitzenegger, who was also involved in the construction of the Baroque parish churches in the districs of Waldkirch and Krenkingen, was the commissioned architect.  Above the entrance you can see the town's double coat: The Lion of Habsburg and the "Waldshuter Männle". The latter is still sourrounded by many theories about its meaning. It appeared first time on a seal of the 13th century. In 1936 and 1957, the town hall, which originally consisted of the building's central part only, was Extended by two additional wings. Therefore, the original facades were adjusted to match the central part's appearance.

Hours of operation

How to find us