As the name already suggests, the hot springs were of major importance for the development of the Roman aquae. The centre of the antique bath and the spa was between the market square and the monastery “zum Heiligen Grab” where there were several large thermal spas. Between 1846 and 1900, they were partly exposed due to excavation. The so-called soldier baths were built at the end of the first century AD and were later rebuilt and modernised multiple times. Their outstanding maintenance condition allows for a good insight into the construction of Roman wall and floor heating.