The main building of the former Tiefburg Schwarzach, which was formerly protected by two moats and is now the seat of one of the forest managements of the Neckar-Odenwald district, was largely rebuilt in the late 18th century in the classical style and placed on top of the former ring wall.
Official content of
Presumably built as a small Hohenstaufen castle, according to all indications the castle was inhabited by a lower noble family of the same name, which is only poorly documented. The building inscription "1325", which was probably renewed after the spelling in the 16th century, has been preserved on the archway to the cellar of today's main building. Schwarzach Castle is mentioned for the first time in 1325 and has been owned by the Electoral Palatinate since 1419, but lent to the nobility until the 17th century. After the Thirty Years' War it was the official seat of an Electoral Palatinate subordinate, the cellar of Schwarzach and Minneburg. Among its most important representatives are the cellars from the Graeff family of civil servants, who held this office for almost 100 years. After the electoral Palatinate was dissolved, the castle was the seat of the Baden office of Neckarschwarzach for a few years, followed by the forestry office.
Schwarzach Castle still has components that can be dated to the 15th and 16th centuries. From the walling, parts of the curtain wall, in which key loopholes can be seen, two tower stumps, one of which dates from 1596, and a tower inserted in the curtain wall have been preserved.