The chapel was built in remembrance of the 848 soldiers who died in St. Peter.
Official content of
The Soldier’s Chapel was built in 1910, replacing the wooden cross which had previously stood in its place. During the Napoleonic Wars (1813 – 1815), the monastic buildings in St. Peter briefly served as a hospital. The chapel commemorates all the soldiers who died here.