A former Benedictine abbey which dates back to the 9th century.
Informationen zur Corona Pandemie. Verordnungen, getroffene Schutzmaßnahmen und Angebote. Hier finden Sie einen aktuellen Überblick…
The Cella Blasii, the name which the first monks gave their small monastery in the 9th century, became a large abbey with estates and settlements all the way to Switzerland and the Stuttgart region.
Franz ll. Schächtelin (1727 to 1747), the monastery’s first abbot (he held the title of prince abbot), had the old monastery knocked down and rebuilt the way it is today by the master builder Michael Beer of Blaichten.
After the dissolution of the monastery in 1806, the buildings were initially used for manufacturing until the Jesuit Order bought them and opened the College of St. Blaise, a grammar and boarding school.
Over 800 boys and girls are taught here, around 300 of them live in the boarding school. The college has demonstrated its international orientation with a European class, Chinese lessons, partnerships with schools in China and many other European countries.
Behind the magnificent baroque façade is the former court dining hall – today’s house chapel – as well as the ballroom, the Habsburg Hall, and the parlours in their different colours.
The abbey and its historical rooms can be viewed during designated times. The ballroom hosts regular concerts. Further information at www.kloster-konzerte.de
Free admission: Guided tours by appointment only.