This chapel was built to fulfil a vow – a vow which was made amidst fears over the monastery’s survival during the turmoil of the Palatinate Succession War in 1690.
Official content of
The chapel was ceremoniously consecrated in honour of St. Ursula in 1725. In the 18th century, it served as a “replacement church” whilst the monastery church was being rebuilt. The late 20th century idea of using the building as a museum to commemorate the life and work of the wood sculptor Matthias Faller was never pursued. Nowadays, St. Ursula’s Chapel is used by Protestants and Catholics alike.