The Vosges Chapel is situated in a forest clearing on the scenic route between the towns of St. Peter and St. Märgen in the Black Forest Highlands.
Official content of
The chapel was built in 1938 by the Reinerhof farmer Leopold Hättich. Hättich swore an oath while serving in the Vosges during the First World War, namely to build a chapel in honour of Jesus should the Black Forest be spared the turmoil and destruction wrought by the war. A plaque in the chapel commemorates this story.