In earlier centuries, Alzenberg, together with the hamlets of Speßhardt and Oberriedt, formed a own municipality, which received the name Alzenberg in 1908.
Before that, Speßhardt had been the main village, which belonged early to the Duchy of Württemberg.
In 1933, the hamlets of Oberriedt and Speßhardt were merged into the neighbouring Altburg (today part of the town of Calw). This was followed by the incorporation of Alzenberg into Calw.
Behind extensive meadows at the edge of the forest, the place is the ideal setting for an active leisure time. After an extensive hike or bike tour through the green fields and forests, a stop is definitely worthwhile. The people here have not only preserved the rural, courtly ambience of ancient times, but also the “culinary antiquity.”