The smallest part of the city has carefully retained its village character and, even in recent times, has only gently expanded into the open countryside. Holzbronn was founded around 1150 by the Counts of Calw as a fief settlement “Holtzspronn. ” In 1345 it became part of Württemberg, and in 1792 Holzbronn became an independent municipality.
The Holzbronner made their living in agriculture and as day labourers in the surrounding industry. Even today, a large number of part-time farmers work here.
Worth seeing is the Bernhardskirche with its idiosyncratic pagoda-like tower.
The people living here are as calm and balanced as the countryside and the place itself. The hardship of the day is best concluded at sunset or visit one of the rustic guest houses that can be found here.
In a south-westerly direction, after the Heckengäuebene, that sourrounds Holzbronn, the steep rock walls fall down into the enchanting Nagoldtal.