Schäufele in bread crust and sauerkraut salad
Schäufele to go in bread crust
- 300g Flour
- 100g Rye flour
- ½ cube yeast
- 1 table spoon sugar syrup
- 1 table spoon forest honey
- 1 table spoon Bread seasoning
- 500g salted pork shoulder
- 1 onion
- 200g sauerkraut
- 1 carrot
- 100g celery
- 10 walnuts
- 20 grapes
- 1 Apple
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- lemon juice
- 1/8 l rapeseed oil
- salt and pepper
- 100 ml sweet cream
Preparation of the Schäufele
- Mix Flour with rye flour, form a hollow in the center. Crumble the yeast into the hollow and mix it with sugar syrup and some water into a dough. Let the dough sit for 30 minutes.
- Add Salt, hony, bread seasoning and 300-400 ml of water. Knead until you have a compact dough. Let the dough sit again for 30 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and take it in a cooler with you to3 the barbecue.
- Cut pork shoulder into cubes with a size of about 5cm and sprinkle them with mustard and wrap with sliced bacon.
- Knead the dough again and pack each meat piece in bread dough. It is important that the batter is completely closed. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Grill the pork shoulder from all sides.
- Tipp: wrap the bread in aluminium that it won’t burn
Preparation of the Sauerkraut salad
- Peel and chop the onion, cut the sauerkraut slightly smaller, cut the carrot and celery into thin sticks, chop walnuts coarsely, cut grapes into half, cut apple into cubes and put everything in a bowl.
- For the mayonnaise: Mix egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice in a metal bowl. Slowly add the rapeseed oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the sweet cream and the salad, season with salt and pepper.
More information: www.schwarzwald-tapas.de