The imposing, former Augustinian monastery building and the enormous parish church have shaped the district of Riedern am Wald.
Official content of
The external facade of the former Augustinian monastery has been elaborately restored, turning it into a great venue for various cultural events. These range from lectures or chamber music evenings to open-air events in the beautiful monastery gardens. It also houses the Propstei Museum with its collection of old writings and religious objects. The museum was extended to include an exhibition of works by Erich Rastätter in December 2014.
The “Propstei St. Leodgar” Museum in Riedern exhibits:
- Various baroque objects from the 18th century
- A collection of writings that date back as far as the 16th century
- Religious objects from four centuries
- The Heinrich-Ernst-Kromer room
- A school museum: a glimpse into the schools at the end of the 19th / beginning of the 20th century
The museum can only be visited during a guided tour.
Tours always take place on the first Sunday of every month at 2:30 pm. Group tours can be arranged on request.
Reservation and booking with E. Blank +49 (0)7743-5444