Waldshut-Tiengen. The Lower Town Gate is also called "Gate of Basel".
Official content of
During the town's siege by Swiss troops in 1468, the lower town gate was heavily damaged. The bottom Areas and the northern wall were the old building's only remaining parts. In the course of the years, the lower town gate was structurally altered several times. Since 1690, for instance, a saddle Roof has replaced the original hip Roof and in 1864 an iron clock face was added to the Early Modern Tower clock. The original entrance with its roofed stairway which led to the first floor was relocated into the Gateway in 1920. At the gate's outer wall there are still visible notches of the former drawbrigde.