Waldshut-Tiengen. The first written mention of the fountain which is also called Lower Fountain ("Unterer Brunnen") dates back to the 17th century.
Official content of
According to this source assailants ivaded the town in 1415. Although they got as far as to the fountain, they could be driven out of Tiengen. The fountain is decorated by a statue of the Virgin Mary created by sculptor Joseph Dietsche in 1735. Due to strong weathering, the sandstone figure was replaced by a more resistant limestone reproduction by August Gremper in the 1920s.